Help support your J.J. Pearce Orchestra while eating dinner at Potbelly! Visit the Potbelly at 101 W. Campbell Rd between 5:00pm and 8:00pm this Wednesday (January 24). Bring a copy of this flyer (or simply pull it up on your phone!) and they will donate 25% of the proceeds to the orchestra. We hope to see you there!
Our annual Sweets and Strings concert will be held on December 5, 2017 featuring orchestras from Parkhill Junior High, North Junior High and Pearce. This event features a variety of sweets, a silent auction, and a night filled with fabulous music. The festivities begin at 6:30pm.
We rely on the donations raised during this event to support the orchestra operating budgets at all three schools. One of the primary fundraisers is the annual silent auction. Please consider a donation of an item or gift certificate for PAOC to auction at the event. Click here for information about the auction and download the donation form.
Please join us on December 5 for an incredible night. Thank you for supporting our orchestras!
Congratulations to the 19 students who were selected to the 2017 All-Region Orchestra. We had the most students selected of ANY high school in RISD and the highest number in our region from a regular high school (non-Fine Arts magnet). It’s a wonderful assortment of 9-12 grade and bodes well for the continued success of our program. The music for these is VERY difficult and only a handful of students are even qualified to attempt it.
Top Row: Darren C (1st chair-highest ranked) and Sung J
Second Row: James K (1st chair, 2nd violin), Hongyi Z, and Wilson P
Third Row: Kameel D, Bryan P, Dingjing Z and Alice C
Fourth Row: Yiru O, Jack P, Barbara B and Andrew B (1st chair-highest rank)
Fifth Row: Miriam S, Erin S (alternate), Aaron B, Jacob A and Charlie B
Not pictured: Katie M (alternate)
We will be placing an order for physical gift cards through shopwithscrip– September 28th!
Teenage Birthday Gift Card Ideas
Barnes and Nobles, Starbucks, Subway, Movie/Fandango, Game Stop, iTunes and more
Family Birthday Gift Card Ideas
Cabela’s 11%, Columbia 12%, REI 8%
Macy’s 10%, Crate and Barrel 8%, Gap 14%, Pottery Barn 8%
Nordstrom Many restaurants
You can order Tom Thumb, Central Market or Sprouts gift cards, but please remember they will not be reloadable. Albertson does offer a reloadable card.
We have been waiting since May for new Reloadable Tom Thumb cards. We will let everyone know as soon as they are available.
If you are service-oriented, looking for a way to help the orchestra or just eager to make a difference, we would like you to consider running for our 2017-2018 Orchestra Council. It’s fun, an excellent way to meet people and has the added bonus of looking great on your resume. All students in each of the three orchestras are welcome to apply (9th grade too–that’s why we wait until the Fall!)
Applications are due on September 2. For more information, visit http://www.jjpearceorchestra.com/student-officers/
- Download all the forms in advance and get everything signed and completed. You’ll also need 2 copies of your medical insurance card if applicable.
- For fee payment, be prepared with cash, check or credit card. You can check how much you’ll need to pay by logging on to Charms or I can put you in touch with our treasurer.
- For info completion, make sure you know your parents email(s), phones #’s etc.
- Schedule a uniform fitting
- Pay your fees online (or send a check); the PAOC treasurer can assist with this process.
- Download and complete forms. You can drop them off anytime next week in an envelope labeled with my name. Be sure to include insurance cards where applicable.
- Log on to Charms and update all your information so we continue to reach out to only the right addresses and people.
Mandatory JJ Pearce Orchestra Registration
Thursday August 17, 2017
In the JJ Pearce Orchestra Room
4:00pm-6:00pm Seniors and Juniors
6:00pm-8:00pm Freshman and Sophomores
*Come anytime between 4pm-8pm that is most convenient for you!
Registration should take approximately 1 hour.
- Know your size for uniform fittings!
- Boys: Pants (waist and length), Tux Shirt (collar and sleeve length)
- Girls: Dress size (wear shorts to try on the dress uniform)
- Bring your checkbook, cash, or credit card to pay for your orchestra fees
3. Bring 2 copies of your medical insurance card (front and back)
Save time and fill out the forms in advance! Click Here to download the registration packet.
Welcome Back Fundraiser!!
To kick off the new year and reconnect with orchestra friends, please join us at Jersey Mikes for JJP Orchestra’s first fundraiser of the year! Bring your family and friends, as all are welcome! We will be handing out coupons for free subs during orchestra registration on August 17th. Bring in your coupon or simply tell your cashier that you are there to support JJP Orchestra, and 100% of what you spend will be donated to J.J. Pearce High School Orchestra! It’s that easy!
Thursday, August 17th to Saturday, August 19th
Anytime! Lunch or dinner!
1920 N. Coit (corner of Coit and Campbell)
Mark your calendars now for our summer social events.
Saturday, June 24 5-8pm: Swim Party
Saturday, July 8 3-6pm: Swim Party
Saturday, August 5 4-7pm
Location information will be sent via postcard, email and Remind. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Please ensure we have an accurate email address for you as additional information will be sent throughout the summer. Contact Mrs. Livings if there are any changes or updates to your address.
Our annual banquet is only two days away! We look forward to seeing you:
* 6:45pm (dinner at 7pm)-11pm.
* 15909 Preston Rd., Dallas at Prestonwood Country Club (different than last year!)
* dressy casual attire
Awards and slide show will take place from 7:30-9pm. As a new tradition, we will inviting our award recipients from last year to give the award.