No Problem! You can now pay online with a credit card!
Simply go to https://squareup.com/store/jjpearceorchestra/ and pay online! Please remember to put your student’s name in the Note to Seller box when paying so we can correctly credit your account.
If you do not remember what you owe, your charms ledger has all the details. If you have any questions about your charms ledger, please contact Morgan Ambrose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are still welcome to send in a check made out to “PAOC” to the safe in the Orchestra Room.
Registration is coming up on Thursday, August 18th! Below are a few additional details not mentioned in the postcard!
Saturday, August 6, 2016
2709 Landershire Lane
Plano, TX 75023
Don’t forget to bring a snack to share!
Going on the Group Dynamic Overnight on August 18th? Download these forms and return the signed Youth Event Consent Form to Oscar along with your payment by August 3rd.
Youth Event Consent Form
GDX 2.0 Overnight Program
GDX 2.0 Food Vendor List
As a start of the year team-building event and our last social of the summer, your co-social chairs from last year, Stephanie Bullard and Oscar Barkis, are planning a Group Dynamix overnight lock-in on Thursday, August 18th.
Thursday, August 18th, at 8 pm until 8 am the next morning (Friday, August 19th)
Group Dynamix, 1100 Venture Ct #120, Carrollton, TX 75006
If you haven’t been before, Group Dynamix is a great place with tons of stuff to do, and this will be a great way to get next year started off right. In order to go, we need at least 25 kids going with 1 chaperone per every 10 kids. The cost is $25 for the night. Chaperones do not need to pay.
August 18th is registration, but registration only goes til 8pm and anyone can show up late. Registration is REQUIRED but we would love to see you at both! Please come to both! Also, dinner and breakfast are not provided, but there is a vendor bar there with plenty of options so bring $10-20 extra to buy food there.
If you are interested (especially to be a chaperone) please text Oscar at 214-226-3255. He will tell you where to drop off the money and send you the itinerary. Please RSVP ASAP, as the reservation needs to be made in the next 10 days. Thank you.
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
1130 Edith Circle
Richardson, TX 75080
Don’t forget to bring a snack to share!
Hope everyone is having a great summer! Look for your postcard detailing summer events in the mail!
Have a school instrument at home? Please bring that back no later than Friday so we can have it evaluated for maintenance.
Here are the details for next week’s final concert.
Date: Thursday, May 26
Location: PHS Aud
Attire: Orchestra shirt (red) and jeans
Price: Free!!! Invite your friends and family for this final event of the year!
Schedule of Events:
- 8:30am–KROO sets up stage (groups rehearse during orchestra period)
- 4:30-5:30pm–MANDATORY Senior Rehearsal for Alma mater and Sr. Presentation
- 6:15pm–Concert reports for tuning and warm-up
- 6:30pm–Phil/Chamber report for tuning and warm-up (Phil: Orchestra room; Chamber: Band hall)
- 7:00pm–Concert begins
Concert Schedule (times are estimated):
7:00pm: Concert Orchestra (COTG & AFM), Concert Awards
Concert exits; S&E features: Brandon, 9th grade quartet, Emma
~7:30pm: Phil Orchestra (Jig, Mahler), Phil Awards
Concert re-enters; S& E features: Olivia, Matthew
~7:45pm: Concert/Phil combo (Avengers)
Phil & concert exit; S&E features: Kevin, Darren, Schubert quartet
~8:00pm: Chamber (Ballet w/Fields, FMN, Serenade)
~8:20pm: Senior presentation w/Brian & Kevin duet
Senior/Chamber Combo (Alma Mater)
~8:40pm: All done!
Parents and Students,
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Next week will be the last sectional (Phil/Chamber) of the year so please plan accordingly if you have any to make up due to AP testing, illness, or otherwise. To all parents/students, you may view grades in Focus to see if you are missing any grades.
- Banquet forms due next week. Hard copies are available in the orchestra room. Digital versions were emailed and are available at www.jjpearceorchestra.com. Don’t miss out! It’s going to be a fun night of awards and shenanigans (Friday, May 27).
- Auditions are also next week starting Monday. Seniors are exempt but for everyone else this is your final exam grade as well as what will determine orchestra placement for 2016-2017. Students have been assigned a time/order so please check the document that is in the orchestra room. Missed auditions for any reason must be made up outside the school day at the director’s convenience.
- Final Concert is on Thursday, May 26, 7:00pm in the Pearce Aud. Performances will feature many of our fabulous students on their solo and ensemble literature as well as a guest performance by Pearce teacher, Matt Fields. It is free for all so bring your entourage.
Have a fabulous and restful weekend!