Hello Orchestra Families! We are engaging two quick fundraisers:
1. Ozark Delight Lollipops – the students are doing a wonderful job selling! And with the lollipops meeting the USDA’s criteria for all foods sold in schools, they can be sold during school hours which makes this fundraiser very successful! Fundraiser dates: now ‘til the Spring Banquet (May 30)!
2. Mixed Bag Designs – eco-friendly items such as reusable grocery bags, tote bags, travel bags, kitchenware, home goods, and more!
Your child is bringing home the Mixed Bag Designs packet, which includes two catalogs and ordering instructions. Please consider placing an order and encourage family and friends to do the same.
Mixed Bag Designs Fundraiser dates: April 6 – April 24
Click HERE for a direct link to the website.
Also, please remember to add the fundraiser ID #257606 at checkout so that Pearce Orchestra gets the credit.
Parents and Students,
I know you all have the many other things “on the brain” but the annual Richardson Chamber Music Festival (RCMF) is right around the corner. This event will be held on Saturday, April 25 this year at Lake Highlands Freshman Center. Times are flexible and brief (as early as 8am; as late as 5pm) and you can request a certain time if needed.
Who? It is open to ALL Pearce Orchestra students. Any student may pick an appropriate level solo and/or combine with other students to play an ensemble. Find a friend and get involved! This is a great way to build confidence in your abilities whether you’ve played for a long time or just started this year; a qualified judge will evaluate your performance and give you very valuable feedback. Interested? I have great deal of music in my library to choose from (come by and look anytime!!!), though if you have a private teacher they have probably (should have) already selected something for you. Students may also choose to do more than one event (and many do.)
Required? Everyone is encouraged to participate but the following students are required to perform…All chamber orchestra students are required to participate with either a solo or ensemble. All Honors Orchestra students are required to play a solo (with piano accompaniment unless specified unaccompanied). Anyone considering an audition for Chamber should participate.
$$$??? Participation fees were already included in your orchestra fees. The only extra expense is for a piano accompanist if required (unless you know someone who will do it for free).
Anything else I need to know? If you choose to play a solo you must have piano accompaniment unless the solo is specified “unaccompanied.” It is the student’s responsibility to secure their own accompanists.
If you have any questions please let me know and PLEASE NOTE: I will be asking students THIS FRIDAY to tell me the name(s) of their solo/ensemble, accompanist name, etc. Please be prepared to give me that information.
With the expenses of the Disney trip, the upcoming Spring Banquet, and our fundraising efforts falling a little short, we have two new quick fundraisers we want to share with you:
- Ozark Delight Lollipops
Students will be able to checkout a bag of 20 lollipops and sell each lollipop to their peers for $1. Ideally, each student checking out a bag of lollipops will pay $20, up front. Then they get to keep the money they collect as repayment. The lollipops meet the USDA’s criteria for all foods sold in schools and can be sold during school hours.
Lollipop Fundraiser begins Wednesday, March 25.
- Mixed Bag Designs
Fabulous eco-friendly grocery bags, tote bags, travel bags, kitchenware, home goods, and more! Fundraiser dates: April 6 – 24; details forthcoming
Thank you for your continued support of J.J.Pearce Orchestra! Go Mustangs!
- Richardson Chamber Music Festival (RCMF)–Saturday, April 25 @ Lake Highlands FC, Times TBA. All students are encouraged to participate; Chamber students are required to participate; Honors orchestra students must perform a solo.
- Spring Concert (w/select Solo/Ensemble performances)–Thursday, May 21, 7:00pm–This is our traditional Spring Concert with the new addition of formal wear (black dresses/tux)
- Pops Concert & Senior Plate Awards–Thursday, May 28, 7:00pm–This is a new event to feature “popular” music selections plus the Sr. Plate Awards that could not happen on the early trip this year. This concert will be casual–orchestras shirt and jeans.
- Annual Spring Orchestra Banquet–Friday, May 29, 6:30pm, Location TBA–All orchestra students are invited to attend a dinner, end-of-year slide show, and awards plus a dance after. It is a great event to finish off the year.
- Auditions for ’15-16 orchestras–in class May 26-29. Music will be released mid-late April. Only seniors and students who made HS All-Region are exempt from the audition.
Orchestra parents and students,
Phil and Chamber,
Parents and Students,
As you know, our Pre-UIL performances for Chamber/Symphony and Philharmonic will take place next week on Thursday, Feb. 19 in the Pearce High School Auditorium. Parents are welcome and strongly encouraged to come support us as audience members, especially since most probably can’t make the drive in the middle of the day for real UIL at Rockwall Heath on the 26/27th (details coming about that later). In the meantime, please see the details for your/your child’s orchestra performance and let us know if you have any questions. Note: Please note that the volunteer schedule is coming and this email only contains details about our performance.
Philharmonic (4th period):
Before school—bring your formal attire TO SCHOOL WITH YOU THAT DAY
2:30pm—Call time, report to the orchestra room after 5th period to dress in formal attire.
3:00pm—Pre warm-up in the orchestra room.
3:30pm—Official warm-up on stage.
4:00pm—Performance (parents, please attend!)
4:30pm—Students will wait in the cafeteria until RHS is done in the orchestra room.
~5:00pm—Philharmonic pack up and are released to go home/volunteer
Chamber/Symphony (2nd period/Symphony band):
After school—band students only: get instruments from the band hall and store them in the orchestra room; you will not have access to that room after 5:00pm.
7:30pm—Call time, report to the orchestra room to get instruments (already dressed in formal attire); warm-up on your own until I collect you for the official time.
8:00pm—Official warm-up in the band hall
8:30pm—Performance (parents, please attend!)
9:00pm—Symphony pack up and are released to go home/volunteer