With the expenses of the Disney trip, the upcoming Spring Banquet, and our fundraising efforts falling a little short, we have two new quick fundraisers we want to share with you:
- Ozark Delight Lollipops
Students will be able to checkout a bag of 20 lollipops and sell each lollipop to their peers for $1. Ideally, each student checking out a bag of lollipops will pay $20, up front. Then they get to keep the money they collect as repayment. The lollipops meet the USDA’s criteria for all foods sold in schools and can be sold during school hours.
Lollipop Fundraiser begins Wednesday, March 25.
- Mixed Bag Designs
Fabulous eco-friendly grocery bags, tote bags, travel bags, kitchenware, home goods, and more! Fundraiser dates: April 6 – 24; details forthcoming
Thank you for your continued support of J.J.Pearce Orchestra! Go Mustangs!
- Richardson Chamber Music Festival (RCMF)–Saturday, April 25 @ Lake Highlands FC, Times TBA. All students are encouraged to participate; Chamber students are required to participate; Honors orchestra students must perform a solo.
- Spring Concert (w/select Solo/Ensemble performances)–Thursday, May 21, 7:00pm–This is our traditional Spring Concert with the new addition of formal wear (black dresses/tux)
- Pops Concert & Senior Plate Awards–Thursday, May 28, 7:00pm–This is a new event to feature “popular” music selections plus the Sr. Plate Awards that could not happen on the early trip this year. This concert will be casual–orchestras shirt and jeans.
- Annual Spring Orchestra Banquet–Friday, May 29, 6:30pm, Location TBA–All orchestra students are invited to attend a dinner, end-of-year slide show, and awards plus a dance after. It is a great event to finish off the year.
- Auditions for ’15-16 orchestras–in class May 26-29. Music will be released mid-late April. Only seniors and students who made HS All-Region are exempt from the audition.
Orchestra parents and students,
Phil and Chamber,
Parents and Students,
As you know, our Pre-UIL performances for Chamber/Symphony and Philharmonic will take place next week on Thursday, Feb. 19 in the Pearce High School Auditorium. Parents are welcome and strongly encouraged to come support us as audience members, especially since most probably can’t make the drive in the middle of the day for real UIL at Rockwall Heath on the 26/27th (details coming about that later). In the meantime, please see the details for your/your child’s orchestra performance and let us know if you have any questions. Note: Please note that the volunteer schedule is coming and this email only contains details about our performance.
Philharmonic (4th period):
Before school—bring your formal attire TO SCHOOL WITH YOU THAT DAY
2:30pm—Call time, report to the orchestra room after 5th period to dress in formal attire.
3:00pm—Pre warm-up in the orchestra room.
3:30pm—Official warm-up on stage.
4:00pm—Performance (parents, please attend!)
4:30pm—Students will wait in the cafeteria until RHS is done in the orchestra room.
~5:00pm—Philharmonic pack up and are released to go home/volunteer
Chamber/Symphony (2nd period/Symphony band):
After school—band students only: get instruments from the band hall and store them in the orchestra room; you will not have access to that room after 5:00pm.
7:30pm—Call time, report to the orchestra room to get instruments (already dressed in formal attire); warm-up on your own until I collect you for the official time.
8:00pm—Official warm-up in the band hall
8:30pm—Performance (parents, please attend!)
9:00pm—Symphony pack up and are released to go home/volunteer
Spring Trip Attendees (including chaperones),
First, I have received some questions about bracelets while we are at Disney. While these have a number of uses when you travel to Disney as an individual/family, for large groups the bracelets will serve as our room key only. Please plan accordingly if you had planned to “load” the bracelet with credit. If you don’t know what I’m talking about then don’t worry about it.
The main item–for everyone!!! As part of our Disney experience each ticket holder will receive three (3) fast passes PER DAY in the park. “Fast Pass”es allow ticket holders to reserve a one hour time on a ride where they can show up and bypass the regular line for everyone else. It essentially allows you to “cut” but in a nice way. Groups of friends can reserve fast passes and show up together. To register your tickets so you can set up your fast passes while on the trip you need to follow these steps:
1. Download App
- Download the MyDisneyExperience app from your iPhone or Android. PREFERABLE OPTION
- You may also set-up your account at www.mydisneyexperience.com. (Note that while this may be done online it is advisable to download the MyDisneyExperience app for your phone. This app will allow you to set up your fast passes when ready but also does a LOT more. You will want to have it!)
2. Create Account
- Create account using personal email address and password
- Click ‘My Profile’ under ‘My Account’
- Click ‘Tickets & Passes’
- Link park admission ticket by entering the ID number provided in the emailed spreadsheet by each student’s name. (Our tour directors will provide actual tickets to group in Orlando where each student will then be able to photograph their ticket per the app’s request.)
- Match your name with ticket
- Confirm & Save
- Select “Choose New FastPass+ Experiences”
- Select “No, my tickets were purchased separately”
- Select your name and then click ‘Next, Choose a Park and Date’
- You are now able to select FastPasses by park and date. Just make sure you are reserving FastPasses at times and days that make sense with your group itinerary!
If you have questions about this or Disney in general please email me. Thanks again!
To receive Disney-specific text messages both before and during the trip please text “@jjpdisney” to 81010. This is REQUIRED of anyone attending the Disney trip (chaperones and students) and encouraged for parents of students attending Disney (it will be fun for you to “follow” us this way). This number will be used to communicate both itinerary reminders and changes as well as other important information. Please note that this is DIFFERENT than the normal orchestra Remind messages and no Disney-specific information will be sent to that number.
Also, don’t forget to attend our Disney Trip Meeting on Thursday, January 8, 7:00pm. This meeting is highly encouraged for all Disney attendees and their parents. You will receive the most current itinerary, a copy of the rules and guidelines, your child’s chaperon assignment and contact info, and a packing list of both required and optional items. While this info can and will be sent electronically it is much easier to “digest” if you can hear us go through it and can ask questions.
FOR DISNEY CHAPERONS ONLY: Disney chaperons, don’t forget that we will meet at 6:00pm, on Thursday, January 8 prior to the general Disney meeting. If you can’t make this please email me immediately to arrange an alternate time. Also, in preparation for this meeting please reply to this email with your cell number.
Thanks! 9 Days ’til Disney!!!
Parents and Students,
Orchestra/AP Music Theory
Pearce High School