Parents and Students,
Richardson Chamber Music Festival (RCMF) is this SATURDAY at Berkner HS. Student performance times are listed at: http://tinyurl.com/2017PearceRCMF. EVERY member of Chamber Orchestra (2nd period) and Philharmonic (4th period) is required to participate. Many members of Concert are involved as well. If there is a problem with your time find someone to switch with and then COME SEE ME and I’ll update the schedule. Use the “Ctrl-F” function if you have multiple events.
Other details for RCMF (pre-performance):
- Fill out a Judge Comment sheet in class (Mrs. Livings will make sure these get to the contest). This should be done Monday.
- Have a clean, numbered copy of your music ready for the judge.
- Dress up in conservative attire. Jeans and shorts are NOT appropriate. Think job interview or church service.
- Arrive at Berkner HS in time to tune and warm-up; Bring your instrument, music and judge’s music.
- Find Mrs. Livings if you need help with anything or reply to a “Remind” message and she’ll find you.
- Check-in at the choir room no later than 20m PRIOR TO your scheduled time.
- Soloists–Communicate your time to your accompanist and be prepared to go early/late if your accompanist is busy in another room.
- Take time to tune with the piano; ask the judge for assistance if needed.
- Introduce yourself to your judge and announce your selection. This is polite and will let the judge know that they have the right sheet.
- Wait for your music to be returned if you’d like it back.
- Go home and check for the results to be posted online (link coming…)
- Don’t forget to bring your instrument back to school on Monday.
As always, let me know if you have questions.